Many companies are tasked with project delivery within very tight cost and time constraints.
Add to this limited in-house core project teams which makes achieving all project milestones on time in full and to the required quality even harder.
Therefore, to carry out all the work internally can become a false economy resulting in extra costs due to missed milestones and vendors not honouring their deliverables in full.
These often exceed any initial cost saving.
RB Plant have helped numerous clients to avoid unexpected and avoidable costs.
One key area is CDM which many companies neither have the time nor desire to manage yet is now a vital deliverable of any construction project.
At RB Plant, we relish the challenge of responding quickly and pro-actively identifying solutions to bring a project back on track thereby supporting the client to deliver the original agreed project goals.
We adopt an open culture, keeping clients fully appraised of any potential setbacks (e.g. issue of Early Warning Notices or EWNs).
- Project planning and reporting
- Managing planning permissions
- Construction Management and CDM
- Contract Management
- Change Management
- Asset value engineering studies
- Asset refurbishment, relocation and expansion
- Commercial and Technical Bid Analysis
- Estimating and tendering
- Expediting and procurement
- Site set-up and supervision
- Commissioning, training and validation
Many projects do not always 100% go to plan. Here are some of the pitfalls which can cause project milestones to overrun, not be completed in full to the required quality, the result being extra project costs:
- Unforeseen delays.
- Communication gaps between parties involved in contract.
- Scope variations.
- Limited and/or inaccurate information on existing process plant.
- Vendor ceasing trading.
RB Plant’s unique approach means that we:
- Achieve buy-in from all client stakeholders with a well-defined project scope
- Either support clients from project inception to completion or fit into any stage of a project
- Run a systematic stage-gate process minimising client expenditure and fully appraising clients of both opportunities and risks before committing to the next stage thereby avoiding a leap of faith
- Readily find alternative solutions when a developing option becomes unfeasible
To support our excellent technical capabilities, we provide project planning, execution and logistics to ensure adhesion to programme and excellent safety performance.