Process safety is an integral part of any engineering project to achieve regulatory compliance and reduce the risk of harm to people, plant or the environment.
The benefits of choosing R B Plant for leading process safety related work are:
We are fully versed in all techniques such as PHAs, What-Ifs, Fault trees, FMEAs, LOPAs, HAZOPs and PHRs;
- We have experience with pros and cons of each technique.
- We adopt a holistic approach that identifies the most appropriate process safety study to fit each part of the project and process plant in question. This is as opposed to a one-size fits all approach that is often time-consuming and ineffective in achieving safety compliance.
- Integrating process safety as early as the feasibility stages. For example, a process option which requires extensive hazardous inventory may have to be discarded or modified if HSE compliance can’t be satisfied.
- We cover all process safety areas (see below) thereby acting as a “one-stop consultancy”.
- Familiarity with “day-to-day” operational as well as theoretical design safety risks due to our team having extensive operational as well as design experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all process safety/environmental legislation and standards combined with a passion for keeping updated with any new or modified legislation.
- Functional Safety – BS 61511 and 61508
- COMAH, Safety and Regulatory compliance
- Hazard Studies and HAZOPs
- SIL/LOPA Studies
- ATEX/DSEAR Compliance
- Machine Safety Risk Assessments
- Environmental Assurance, Compliance and Abatement Technologies
- Environmental Impact Assessments