.Processing companies in this demanding sector are often faced with economic and environmental challenges and opportunities such as:
- Innovating new or modified products to meet market demands.
- Minimising operating costs such as energy and recycling to recover valuable metals
- Pressure to minimise internal engineering costs.
- Improved equipment reliability.
R B Plant is well versed both technically and commercially in this sector and is often chosen as a natural engineering consultancy partner.
Benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
Long-term collaboration with many clients in the design, construction, refurbishment and project handling of:
- Furnaces for zinc galvanising.
- Rockwool manufacturing line.
- 3 glass furnaces and 2 glass coating plants in Chile and the UK.
- Lead battery recycling, lead refining and silver recovery plant.
- Catalytic converter manufacturing for car exhausts.
- Turnkey facility to ‘wash’ gemstones and increase their value.
PROJECT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant provides support through part or all of the entire project lifecycle, thereby avoiding major pitfalls which can result in a project overrunning, being delayed, or under-performing. Examples include:
- GAP analysis leading to improved productivity.
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
- Horizon scanning to develop innovative solutions to enhance plant operating performance and reduce operating costs.
- Achieving planning permissions.
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
- Site services, infrastructure, and supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
Several R B Plant engineers come directly from a manufacturing environment having designed and built furnaces, mills and coating lines all over the world and at all scales, in the following areas:
- Civil, structural, architectural, process, mechanical, electrical, control, automation, steel and lead processing, and recycling.
- Separation and treatment of by-products such as metal slag, for metal recovery and conversion into construction materials.
- Blast and induction furnaces, oxygen lances.
- hot-duct designs including both water and evaporatively-cooled.
- heat treating.
- plate glass coating.
- iron smelting.
- steel rolling and coating.
- Rockwool fibre and glass fibre insulation.
- precious metals processing including silver extraction and platinum.
- gemstone washing with molten salts.