Processing companies in this sector are faced with various challenges and opportunities such as:
- Innovating new or modified products to satisfy consumer tastes.
- Stringent regulatory compliance.
- Narrow profit margins.
- Pressure to minimise internal engineering costs.
- Use of eco-friendly packaging materials.
R B Plant is often chosen as a natural engineering consultancy partner due to our familiarity with sterilisation and aseptic processing, and our pharmaceutical expertise.
Benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
- Long-term partnership with many clients.
- Detailed design and EPCM of a:
- major Somerset dairy soup powder line for Premier Foods
- massive hydraulic press to extract and recover sugar cane juice for Tate and Lyle
- Successful execution of several brewery projects.
- Civil, structural, architectural, process, mechanical, electrical, control, automation.
- Aseptic processing, sterilising, heating and drying.
- Development and commercialisation of new or enhanced technology.
- Handling and processing bulk liquids and solids products.
- Various processes such as:
- transferring bulk flour in a bakery
- colouring icing
- boiling soup
- frying potatoes
- chilling ice cream
- distilling gin
- puffing rice.
PROJECT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant provides support through part or all of the entire project lifecycle, thereby avoiding major pitfalls which can result in a project stalling.
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
- Achieving planning permissions.
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
- Site services, logistics, infrastructure and supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.