As Natural Resources are depleted, the need to find innovative ways of controlling energy costs whilst producing and transporting industrial materials to minimise environmental impact, reduce the carbon footprint, and comply with legislation will be familiar to processing companies across most sectors. RB Plant has a proven track record in helping clients achieve these goals.
Benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
- Successful completion of feasibility, FEED, Detailed Design and EPCM for numerous downstream fuel storage facilities throughout the UK up to £50m.
- Collaboration with WRAP (a government-funded organisation helping businesses and individuals reduce waste) to design and construct a prototype plant to process and recycle fibre from paper mill sludge.
- Detailed study on the recycling of glass wool for a leading UK glass client.
- Completed numerous energy from waste projects.
- Application of innovative solutions to several projects to improve and reduce emissions.
- Design of process plant for a leading metals refinery to significantly improve heat recovery and reduce fuel costs.
- Numerous studies and design schemes for treating furnace and oven exhaust gases including bag-houses and exhaust stacks to comply with environmental emissions requirements.
PROJECT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
- R B Plant provides support through part or all of a project lifecycle, thereby avoiding major pitfalls which can result in a project overrunning, being delayed, or under-performing. Some examples are:
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA
- Site services, infrastructure and supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
Our expertise includes:
- Horizon scanning; evaluation of waste heat recovery technologies utilising concepts from a diverse range of sectors.
- Hot-duct design, both water-cooled and evaporatively-cooled with heat reclamation.
- Energy generation, transfer systems and heat transfer media including steam, high pressure hot water and heat transfer oils.
- Liquids or solids storage depots and tanker loading systems.
- Removal of contamination from furnace exhaust gases.
- Scrubbing and treatment of chemical fumes.
- Conversion of sludge to biomass fuel.
- Inspection of tank farms and tank farm control systems.
- Cleaning up of aqueous effluent for discharge to sewer or water-course.