SECTOR – ENERGY, ENVIRONMENT AND TRANSPORT
As Natural Resources are depleted the need to find innovative ways of reducing and controlling energy costs, whilst producing and transporting industrial materials to minimise environmental impact/Reduce your Carbon Footprint and comply with legislation will be familiar to processing companies across most sectors. RB Plant has a proven track record in helping Clients achieve these goals.
Here are some of the benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
- Successful completion of feasibility, FEED, Detailed Design and EPCM for numerous downstream fuel storage facilities throughout the UK up to £50m.
- Collaboration with WRAP (A government funded organisation helping businesses and individuals reduce waste) to design and construct a prototype plant to process and recycle fibre from paper mill sludge.
- Detailed study on the recycling of glass wool for a leading UK glass client
- Completed numerous energy from waste projects
- Application of innovative solutions to several projects to improve and reduce emissions.
- Design of process plant for a leading metals refinery to significantly improve heat recovery and reduce fuel costs.
- Numerous studies and design schemes for treating furnace and oven exhaust gases including bag-houses and exhaust stacks to comply with environmental emissions requirements.
PROJECT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant provide support through part of or the entire project lifecycle thereby avoiding major pitfalls which can result in a project overrunning, being delayed or under-performing. Some examples are:
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA
- Site services, infrastructure and supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme
Our expertise includes the following but is not limited to:
- Horizon scanning; Evaluation of waste heat recovery technologies utilising concepts from a diverse range of sectors.
- hot-duct design, both water-cooled and evaporatively cooled with heat reclamation.
- Energy generation, transfer systems and heat transfer media including steam, high pressure hot water and heat transfer Oils.
- Liquids or solids storage depots and tanker loading systems.
- Removal of contamination from furnace exhaust gases.
- Scrubbing and treatment of chemical fumes.
- Conversion of sludge to biomass fuel.
- Inspection of tank farms and tank farm control systems.
- Cleaning up of aqueous effluent for discharge to sewer or water-course.