With more global competition, volatile energy costs, fluctuating demand and tighter legislation, this sector faces many challenges which require a depth of knowledge and expertise.
R B Plant is therefore a natural choice for many businesses looking to add to their in-house expertise, thereby allowing them to focus on their core activities.
Benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
- Decades of site and design expertise acquired within a manufacturing environment. Fully conversant with project execution, operational challenges, and safety standards expected from a top-tier COMAH site.
- Experience with a wide variety of manufacturers from heavy petrochemicals through to resins, bulk chemicals, speciality chemicals and solvents.
- Design, delivery and construction of projects up to £50m for the following:
- Paint plants
- Pesticide plants
- Resin plants, solvent storage and blending depots
- Ink manufacturing and blending lines
- Water-treatment chemicals manufacturing
- Production lines for primary pharmaceutical ingredients, reaction and separation of medical gasses.
- Smaller scale consultancy for process plant optimisation, troubleshooting, debottlenecking, repairs and extensions for a wide range of other chemical manufacturing, storage, distribution and packaging facilities around the UK, Europe and globally.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant has the required capabilities to execute a project in part or full. We have a proven track record in supporting clients to avoid major pitfalls which can result in a project exceeding cost and time constraints. Examples include:
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
- Environmental permitting.
- Site supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
Examples of how R B Plant have supported clients with their challenges:
- Reaction, separation, heat transfer, process control.
- Process safety compliance – e.g. HAZOPS/SIL/LOPA/DSEAR.
- Complete projects from conceptual to commissioning or individual project elements.
- FEED and feasibility studies.
- CAPEX justifications with structured analysis of risks and opportunities for sanctioning.
- Reduced operating costs – e.g. reduced energy and shutdown frequency/duration.
- Process plant optimisation, troubleshooting, debottlenecking, modification and expansion.