SECTORS – CHEMICALS (BULK AND SPECIALITY)
With more global competition, volatile energy costs, fluctuating demand and tighter legislation, this sector faces many challenges which require a high quality and depth of expertise.
R B Plant are therefore a natural choice for many businesses looking to add to their in-house expertise to address their business demands thereby allowing them to focus on their core activities.
Here are some of the benefits of partnering with R B Plant:
- Our teams have decades of site and design expertise acquired within a manufacturing environment hence are fully conversant with project execution, operational challenges and safety standards expected from a top-tier COMAH site.
- Worked with wide variety of manufacturers from heavy petrochemicals through to resins, bulk chemicals, speciality chemicals and solvents.
- Design, delivery and construction of projects up to £50m for the following:
- Paint plants
- Pesticide plants
- Resin plants, solvent storage and blending depots
- Ink manufacturing and blending lines
- Water-treatment chemicals manufacturing
- Production lines for primary pharmaceutical ingredients, reaction and separation of medical gasses.
- Smaller scale consultancy for process plant optimisation, troubleshooting, debottlenecking, repairs and extensions for a wide range of other chemical manufacturing, storage, distribution and packaging facilities around the UK, Europe and globally.
Some examples of clients are:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant have all the required capabilities to execute a project in part or full. We have a proven track record in supporting clients to avoid major pitfalls which can result in a project exceeding cost and time constraints. Some examples are:
• Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
• Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
• Environmental permitting.
• Site supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
Here are some examples of how R B Plant have supported clients with their challenges:
- Reaction, separation, heat transfer, process control.
- Process safety compliance – e.g. HAZOPS/SIL/LOPA/DSEAR
- Complete projects from conceptual to commissioning or individual project elements
- FEED and feasibility studies
- CAPEX justifications with structured analysis of risks and opportunities for sanctioning
- Reduced operating costs – e.g. reduced energy and shutdown frequency/duration
- Process plant optimisation, troubleshooting, debottlenecking, modification and expansion