COVID-19 has become one of the most significant Force Majeure events in peacetime history leaving Governments, businesses and people little time to prepare for this unprecedented pandemic.
However RB Plant would like to assure our employees and clients that their safety and welfare is our number one priority, and we are confident that the following steps we are taking as business will protect our team, clients and communities from the impact of coronavirus to the fullest possible extent whilst maintaining normal business operations as seamlessly as possible:
These measures including the following in the short term:
- Educating our employees on COVID-19 symptoms & prevention.
- Preparation for potential business impact – e.g.
- Restriction of non-essential travel
- Potential for employees and their relatives to become ill hence impacting productivity
- Promotion of flexible working arrangements – this includes Configuration of IT systems and support to facilitate remote working for all employees. For example, Microsoft Teams, Skype for business and other methods to allow collaborative and seamless communication thereby replacing face to face meetings where possible.
- Regular communication between line managers and their teams to ensure employees are keeping well/safe and have access to any appropriate support to maintain productivity and work quality
- Our office number is automatically diverted if the phones are not supervised and all employees use their mobiles/skype/teams for communication, so are easily contactable.
- Liaising with key clients to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on existing and potential business contracts.
The full impact of COVID-19 is still evolving, with forecasts changing dynamically.
However RB Plant can assure all our employees and clients that we are taking the most robust and pro-active possible measures, adopting the recommendations of the UK Government and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as local health authorities and have plans in place to quickly respond based on their guidance.
We are highly confident we will overcome this challenge despite this being a very unsettling time for most people personally and professionally.