This is an essential component of any construction-related project. RB Plant often act as a one-stop resource for many clients, taking care of all elements from high-level regulatory compliance such as CDM right down to arranging welfare facilities for sub-contractors.
Clients benefit from RB Plant’s seasoned expertise in this area which results in adhesion to programme, all parties complying with their Health & Safety obligations, and a strategy to deal with unforeseen issues.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- CDM compliance.
- Site planning to ensure there is sufficient footprint for sub-contractors to locate temporary cabins and have adequate welfare facilities.
- Arranging Permits-To-Work (PTW). Critical to this area is dialogue between the site resident operations team and the sub-contractors carrying out the task. We will insist all parties:
- Have a discussion at the locality where the work is to take place
- Are appraised of local hazards such as other personnel working at height
- The equipment to work on has been fully isolated with physical disconnections.
- Report any changes of work scope immediately and stop the existing task.
This approach is crucial to minimising risk and not deviating from the work scope agreed by all parties.
- Producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), or checking sub-contractors RAMS to ensure all hazards specific to the site and the task at hand have been rigorously assessed and protective measures implemented.
- Chairing meetings and taking minutes.