Site set-up and Supervision
This is an essential component of any construction-related project. RB Plant often act as a one-stop resource for many clients taking care of all elements from high-level regulatory compliance such as CDM right down to arranging welfare facilities for sub-contractors.
Clients benefit from RB Plant’s seasoned expertise in this area which results in adhesion to programme, all parties complying with their Health & Safety obligations and a strategy to deal with unforeseen issues.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- CDM compliance.
- Site planning to ensure there is sufficient footprint for sub-contractors to locate temporary cabins and have adequate welfare facilities.
- Arranging Permits-To-Work (PTW). Critical to this area is dialogue between the site resident operations team and the sub-contractors carrying out the task. We will insist all parties:
- Have a discussion at the locality where the work is to take place
- Are appraised of local hazards such as other personnel working at height
- The equipment to work on has been fully isolated with physical disconnections.
- Report any changes of work scope immediately and stop the existing task.
This approach is crucial to minimising the risk of breaking into live equipment and not deviating from the work scope agreed by all parties.
- Producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) or checking sub-contractors RAMS to ensure all hazards specific to the site and the task at hand have been rigorously assessed and protective measures implemented.
- Chairing meetings and minute taking.