RB Plant is well versed in managing vendors and sub-contractors to ensure they adhere to their contractual obligations and performance guarantees as well as keeping the project on track.
As a result, many clients choose to outsource this package of work to us completely. We have a specialist, long-serving team with in-house procedures that can be readily adapted to any procurement package of work within any contract, thereby avoiding any ‘learning curves’.
Our activities include:
- Vendor prequalification and selection.
- Preparation of procurement plans.
- Procurement risk assessment.
- Issue, expediting and receipt of tender documents.
- Negotiation of contractual terms including performance guarantees.
- Managing signing of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) where required.
- Commercial Bid Analysis (CBA).
- Technical Bid Analysis (TBA).
- Placing orders with vendors.
- Management and interfacing with vendor following the order stage.
- Invoice processing.
- Expediting and monitoring vendor progress.
- Arranging deliveries.
- Inspection of goods and documentation.
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT).
- Dealing with Variation Orders.
- Construction management plan to ensure vendors adhere to their following obligations:
- CDM compliance.
- Risk assessments and method statements prior to undertaking work.
- Commissioning Plan.
- Resolution of final settlements, claims and warranty management.
Here are just some of the benefits to clients:
- Allows the client procurement team to focus on their internal core procurement activities, thereby avoiding the distractions of a new project.
- Fewer interfaces and hence less risk of activities being missed/lost during the process.
- Our procurement team works closely with our technical teams, thereby avoiding some of the pitfalls that can occur where information can be lost between two discrete organisations.
- RB Plant ensures that vendors are fully appraised of their obligations and to whom they are accountable.
- Improved project outcomes, i.e. cost, time, and quality.
We can carry out procurement work as a stand-alone activity or as part of an EPCM project led by ourselves. We can either work in conjunction with a client procurement team or have full responsibility for executing the procurement package.