Companies are often faced with restructuring their existing operations and infrastructure, particularly in an uncertain economic climate.
There are various drivers behind this such as:
- Fluctuations in product demand.
- Opportunities to improve productivity and reduce operating costs.
- Compliance with more stringent legislation.
- Local availability of workforce.
- Ageing assets.
RB Plant has supported many clients through what is often a taxing and sensitive process, particularly, where production staff resources are reduced. These clients do not have the core resources to execute this type of work due to the low frequency of such changes occurring. The value of this work is critical to ensuring clients take advantages of the opportunities that accompany major structural change whilst mitigating risk which if unchecked can have catastrophic consequences both financially and in terms of negative PR.
Some examples are:
- Reviewing whether to augment production at an existing site vs installation of new production facilities at an alternative site.
- Where there is a proposed reduction in the number of products made, assess how existing equipment could be modified to minimise new equipment required thereby reducing project costs and timescales.
- Assess the merits of relocating equipment vs procuring new equipment.