RB Plant is a process-led business. Our experienced, chartered chemical engineers have all the necessary technical expertise to address any challenges and hazards associated with some of the most complex and unusual projects.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Conceptual feasibility studies and assessment of technology options.
- FEED studies and estimates ranging typically from +/50 to +/10%.
- CAPEX justifications and preparing cases for sanctioning.
- Management, design and lead of engineering deliverables.
- Drawings such as PFDs and PIDs
- Design Basis, Functional Design Specification (FDS), User Requirements Specification (URS)
- Selection and specification of process plant, equipment lists and Technical Bid Analysis (TBA)
- Operational sequencing, controls and automation, Fault Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Process design consultancy including:
- COMAH legislative compliance.
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPs).
- LOPA studies.
- ALARP Hazard Studies to determine risk matrix ranking.
- SIL design and verification in accordance with BS EN 61511.
- Hazardous Area Classification.
- Interlock and trip schedules.
- Relief studies, stream design and verification.
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs).
- Process design to GMP standards.
- Process simulation, optimisation, troubleshooting and debottlenecking.
- Process commissioning, validation and operator training.
We believe RB Plant is unique in that our process teams also have the following:
- Project management acumen – this ensures all deliverables are completed on time in full, and any unforeseen obstacles are dealt with quickly to minimise or avoid overruns.
- Flexible approach – working remotely from our offices or within client project teams on site, intermittently or full-time. This ensures optimal continuity and efficient working, plus our engineers becoming fully acquainted with our clients’ working standards.
- Innovative approach – exceptional problem-solving regardless of the project scale, whether optimising/troubleshooting a process or executing a complete project from conceptual feasibility to commissioning.