Investment at this stage gives clients full confidence that all viable options have been rigorously assessed for the best return on investment.
RB Plant’s holistic approach begins with a clear understanding of the client’s business drivers to map out prospective technology options.
We execute a full site survey of the existing process, utilities, and infrastructure, and a benefits vs risk analysis for each option relative to the existing conditions, showing:
- Required CAPEX investment, typically +/-30%.
- OPEX, typically operating cost savings relative to existing.
- Footprint requirements and impact on existing plant equipment.
- High level hazard studies.
- Client/RB Plant/third party scope.
- Budgetary equipment quotations and vendor package battery limits.
- Project planning including RACI matrix showing all client/RB Plant/third party dependencies.
- Any required development/investigative work to satisfy all technical risks.
We also sit in on sanctioning/CAPEX justification reviews with the client executive team to support our client engineers in presenting the most pragmatic and financially attractive case. We have a very high success rate in achieving sanctioning for progression to the detailed design stage.
The value of our client’s investment in FEED work pays for itself many times over. As soon as we identify when a potential option reaches the limits of technical or commercial feasibility, we recommend that it is no longer pursued. This avoids further abortive work – not to mention the cost of variations, increased construction costs or having to apply for extra funding.
Once a project progresses to this stage, we add more definition and accuracy to the selected option, normally to +/-5%. Our expertise includes:
- Multi-disciplinary engineering design:
- Process Calculations and Modelling – expertise in ASPEN, ABB-PEL.
- Hazard Studies.
- FDS, URS and control philosophy.
- Electrical, Instrument and Control Systems Design.
- Mechanical including pipe stress analysis.
- 2D & 3D Pipework and Structural Spatial Layout Designs.
- Detailed equipment specifications and vendor assessment:
- Review Tender Packages.
- Vendor Quality Assessment.
- Technical Bid Analysis (TBA).
- Procurement & Expediting.