Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineering
Our engineers have the required expertise to deliver electrical, instrumentation, control and automation systems for either a new process or to integrate into an existing one, across a wide range of sectors each of which may have its own niche requirements.
Our engineers work flexibly with clients, either integrating seamlessly as part of a client project team or independently from our head office.
Here is a list of our capabilities:
- Feasibility and Front-End Design Studies.
- Site surveys of:
- Electrical and control systems, installations and power generation schemes.
- Control and instrumentation architecture.
- Preparation of estimates, both budgetary and detailed.
- Equipment specification, detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Familiarity with all major instrument, control system and fieldbus technology vendors.
- Site supervision and management of sub-contractor’s executing electrical/control installations.
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FATs) and Site Acceptance Testing (SATs).
- Participation in a range of process safety studies including:
- Hazardous area classification
- Specification of instrumentation based on explosive atmospheres (ATEX/DSEAR)
- SIL design/verification and functional safety to comply with IEC61508/IEC61511. We can either carry out a GAP analysis on existing systems or design of new installations from scratch.
- Philosophies for:
- ECIA systems
- User Requirements Specification (URS)
- Functional Design Specification (FDS)
- Programmable Controllers (PLC’s) application software.
- Control system architecture.
- Industrial field bus and remote input /output systems applications.
- Trip and interlock schedules.
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), systems configuration.
- Electrical schematics & instrument loop diagrams.
- Power distribution, panel differentiation, cable sizing.
- Design, protection and implementation of HV, MV and LV electrical distribution equipment.
- Detailed design of control panels and ASTA certified Motor Control Centres complete with protection requirements.
- Design of earthing and lightning protection schemes plus lighting design.
- Engineering and design of surface heating.
- Retrofitting and replacing control systems on existing manufacturing lines.