Seán joined R B Plant Construction in January 2017 as Senior Projects Mechanical Engineer. In 2018 Seán was invited to join the Board of Directors of RB Plant Construction Limited.
Seán has over ten years industry experience working in various roles (including project management) within multidisciplinary teams. Following a mechanical services engineering apprenticeship, Seán has worked within the Rail Safety, Oil & Gas and Metals Industries.
Seán is an experienced project manager and has been responsible for numerous £m projects. Projects undertaken to date have included top-tier COMAH operator’s sites and involvement with all relevant statutory authorities including HSE, EPA, etc.
As a Chartered Mechanical Engineer Seán typically undertakes the following;
- Strategic planning of projects.
- Design of HVAC and Process systems.
- Design & Specification of Equipment including hoists, cyclones, pumps, agitators, mixers, tanks, vessels, pipework and fittings etc.
- Co-ordination of disciplines on multi-million pound projects.
- Preparation of Tender Enquiry Documents and Bid Adjudication.
- Planning, Resourcing and Costing of Projects.
- Preparation of Feasibility and Front End Studies.
- Supervision of multi-disciplined design teams and site labour.
- Witnessing of tests and commissioning of plant.
- Client liaison.
- Design Reviews, HAZOP’s.
Seán holds a MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering from University of Aberdeen, UK and a BEng (Hons) in Engineering from the Open University. Sean also holds a HND, DIS and DipHe from the University of Greenwich.
He is also a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and is a Petrofac Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. Seán is a STEMNET and IMechE STEM ambassador.
Seán is married with two young children; his main hobbies are snowboarding and gardening.