Case Study 1
Advanced Thermal Conversion Facility
RB Plant’s Client installed its ‘Fast’ Gasification’ plant as the primary gasification process for Yorkshire Water’s Advanced Thermal Conversion Facility at their Lower Brighouse site. The key activities carried out at the Lower Brighouse site are as follows:
1. Fuel Pelletisation of dried sewage sludge and screenings
2. Drying of sewage sludge utilising waste/recovered heat from the process
3. Gasification of Biomass.
4. Power and Heat Generation of renewable energy.
RB Plants Client remit expanded into technical and site management of the entire site. RB Plants Client wished to prove and develop the site whilst maintaining compliance to Yorkshire waters requirements and all associated statutory regulations.
To document the existing site including: PIDs generation, control philosophy creation, O&M centralization, standard creation.
Process improvement design work including: Pellet plant reconfiguration, Scrubber optimisations, heat recovery system installation, TOU optimisation, process expansion.
Compliance works including HAZOP studies, Basis of safety document creation, IPPC creation,
LOPA studies / SIL assessments, HAC development and compliance
A sector leading facility in terms of energy production and emissions providing a template for future sites
“R B Plant provided us with expert professional engineering support throughout this project. Culturally their engineers seamlessly integrated into our single team and were key contributors to the success of the project. We expect this to be the start of an ongoing relationship as our technology is deployed throughout the UK”
Case Study 2
Furnace Lance Waste Water Pipe Sizing
RB Plant’s Client was experiencing lack of water flow to the lance supplying their furnaces with waste water. The client required a flow of 20 m³/hr to each furnace for a total of 60 m³/hr in the main line.
RB Plant carried out a site survey & carried out the required process flow calculations to create the following from that survey:
- Plant Layout Showing Waste Water Pipe Route
- Waste Water Treatment Piping and Instrumentation Diagram
- ROWTEC / Spray Water Injection Line 1 Piping and Instrumentation Line
- ROWTEC / Spray Water Injection Line 2 Piping and Instrumentation Line
- ROWTEC / Spray Water Injection Line 3 Piping and Instrumentation Line
- Dimensioned Isometric for Waste Water Line (4 sheets)
- Dimensioned Isometric for Process Water Line (4 sheets)
- Typical Dimensioned Isometric for Waste Water Line to Boiler Spray Lances three
RB Plant’s design work and calculations allowed the client to tender the works through other resources and have the new larger line installed to enable more waste to be burnt whilst not exceeding operating temperatures.
RB Plant was able to quickly resource this small project for a long standing client and this will allow the remedial actions to be carried out quickly avoiding costly interruptions to their operation.