SECTORS – AGGREGATES AND MINERALS
This sector has seen various innovations such as low CO2 concrete plus niche performance enhancing additives. Factor in fluctuating markets, tough processing environments and regulatory controls, leaves companies faced with both opportunities and risks.
Hence R B Plant are a natural choice for supporting clients in exploiting these opportunities whilst managing the risks.
- Design and installation of diamond cleaning plant in Botswana, acting as Principal Designer and Contractor covering all EPCM aspects.
- Construction management for what will be Europe’s largest concrete batching plant. Our role in this iconic project is Principal Contractor & Principal Designer in relation to CDM. Key to the success of this project has been installing new plant without impacting on existing live plant.
- Relocating plant at several sites with the challenge of keeping existing plant running.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant have all the required capabilities to execute a project in part or full. We have a proven track record in supporting clients to avoid major pitfalls which can result in a project exceeding cost and time constraints. Some examples are:
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
- Achieving planning permissions.
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
- Environmental permitting.
- Site supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
- Gemstone cleaning and processing from the mine to the polishing table ready for cutting.
- High temperature concentrated acids and bases.
- Minerals processing from the quarry as rock or slurry to loading finished product onto transport.
- China clay.
- Processing of molten salts, Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC), Precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and Lime.
- Dredged aggregates and cement manufacture.