This sector has seen various innovations such as low CO2 concrete plus niche performance-enhancing additives. Fluctuating markets, tough processing environments, and regulatory controls leave companies facing both opportunities and risks.
R B Plant is a natural choice for supporting clients in exploiting these opportunities whilst managing the risks.
- Design and installation of diamond cleaning plant in Botswana, acting as Principal Designer and Contractor covering all EPCM aspects.
- Construction management for what will be Europe’s largest concrete batching plant. Our role in this iconic project is Principal Contractor & Principal Designer in relation to CDM. Key to the success of this project has been installing the new plant without impacting on the existing live plant.
- Relocating plants at several sites with the challenge of keeping the existing plants running.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICAL EXPERTISE
R B Plant has all the required capabilities to execute a project in part or full. We have a proven track record in supporting clients to avoid major pitfalls which can result in a project exceeding cost and time constraints. Examples are:
- Preparing cases for capital justifications and sanctioning.
- Achieving planning permissions.
- Obtaining approval from regulatory authorities such as the HSE, EA.
- Environmental permitting.
- Site supervision of sub-contractors ensuring adhesion to programme.
- Gemstone cleaning and processing from the mine to the polishing table ready for cutting.
- High temperature concentrated acids and bases.
- Minerals processing from the quarry as rock or slurry to loading finished product onto transport.
- China clay.
- Processing of molten salts, Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC), Precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and
- Dredged aggregates and cement manufacture.